Thursday 22 October 2015

I do not understand where Bitcoin's value comes from so I will not accept it as money. This rule will apply to any kind of money.

I just have some vague ideas about Bitcoin; therefore, if any one exchange his one bitcoin with my 100 pounds, even I know that the exchange rate is currently 1 to 178, I will still say no. Because I only have a vague understanding of Bitcoin, which means I do not agree with the value of Bitcoin. I know Bitcoin comes from solving mathematical problems, but I do not see the direct value added by solving these mathematical problems in my life. In addition, its value is also not accepted by the market fully, as we can see this from the dramatic fluctuation of its price changing. From the example of Bitcoin, any money issued should have some real values. The money issued by the government has values that commonly accepted, partly because the central government has the ability to add value directly on people’s life. Therefore, I believe that institutions, issuing money, have to have the ability to affect normal people’s life directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment