Friday 10 May 2019

Do we more often have negative feelings

When I was young, I remember I was happy at most time; at the moment, I am not saying that I am sad or unhappy, but the time when I am happy is much less and I feel much more 'normal' and 'stable'. I personally think that people are easier to become more negative than to become more positive.
First, in the real world, there are many zero sum games, and the people with more power and resources are easier to win and they are the minority of the population while the losers and potential losers are the majority of the population. The Chinese stock market can be seen as an example. Secondly, the resources are scarce, when some people feel happier because they have greater resourcs, some others who lose their resources and/or opportunities to these people feel unhappy or even angry. Thirdly, people are loss aversion and risk aversion, when they see the losses of others, they may start to estimate the poosibility that they are facing these losses. Fourthly, people tend to overestimate small probilities and the loss aversion makes people more sensitive about their losses comparing with their gains.
Overall, because of loss aversion and other factors, I think that people are easier to be upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment